OPENING HOURS OF PALAMUSE MUSEUM
Mon-Sun 10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Ticket sales ends half an hour before the closing of the museum.
The museum is closed on 1 January, 24 February, 24 June, 20 August and 24-26 December.
Single visitor – €4 (*)
Discount ticket – €3 (**)
Guide’s fee – €9 (***)
Exhibition room ticket – €2
* to visit the museum and the exhibition room
** up to two adults with minor children
*** the single visitor price will be added depending on the number of people.
You’re kindly asked to book guided tours at least five days in advance. Ask about guided tours in a foreign language by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please plan at least one and a half hours to visit the museum!
The exhibits at Palamuse museum are in Estonian, Russian and English.
Audio guides give information in Finnish and Latvian. Please ask for additional information about the audio guide at the ticket office.
Use of an audio guide is free of charge!
You can pay in cash and by card at the museum.
All prices are inclusive of value added tax.
FREE ENTRY TO THE MUSEUM
- Children eight years of age and younger;
- Large families (4 and more children);
- Persons up to 16 years of age with a disability (upon presenting an appropriate certificate) and a person accompanying him or her;
- Persons 16 years of age or older with a severe or profound disability (upon presenting an appropriate certificate) and a person accompanying him or her;
- Repressed and persons treated as repressed (upon presenting an appropriate certificate);
- Employees of Estonian museums upon presenting their employment certificate;
- Members of Eesti Muuseumiühing (Estonian Association of Museums);
- ICOM membership card holders.
NO TICKET DAYS
- 7 January (Oskar Luts’ birthday);
- 18 May (International Museum Day);
- 1 June (International Day for Protection of Children).
Visitors to the museum can park their vehicles in the car parks in Palamuse town. A car park for buses is located at the corner of Uus and Kalmistu streets. Parking is located about 150 m from the museum and is free.
Access to the schoolhouse is difficult in a wheelchair and with a stroller!
There is a wheelchair lift in the main building.
“Palamuse museum and RMK Elistvere Animal Park”
- A century ago, the school system was completely different. Come and learn about it at Palamuse museum.
- You can see animals populating Estonian forests at Elistvere Animal Park.
Duration: Please plan 2 h for the visit + driving time
Price: €14 (2 adults + 1-3 children up to 18 years of age)
Package with accommodation in Hotel Tartu „Discover Estonia”
Including visit to Palamuse museum and Elistvere Nature Park
If you have been thinking about something exciting to do with the whole family, this package is perfect for you. Come and explore Elistvere Nature Park and Palamuse museum. Hotel Tartu guarantees a cozy family room and tasty buffet breakfast for the whole family!
The package includes:
- Accommodation in a cozy family room
- Buffet breakfast for the family in cafe „Tartu“
- Palamuse museum tickets for the family*
- Elistvere Nature Park ticket for the family**
- Free parking
- Free Wifi
- Check-in from 14.00, check-out until 13.00
Package is for 4 members of the family (2 adults and 2 children up to 18 years of age)
* Palamuse museum ticket includes 2 adults and up to 3 children under 18 years.
** Elistvere Nature Park family ticket may consist of one or two parents, and 3 children of the family up to 17 years of age.
*** Please note, that both places are located outside of Tartu and we recommend to visit the places by car!
„A joy filled day”
The package will be available from April 2019.
- A century ago, the school system was completely different. Come and learn about it in the Palamuse museum.
- We set off on an exciting journey in the Ice Age Centre.
- You can see animals populating Estonian forests in Elistvere Animal Park.
- In Kalevipoja Koda you can satisfy your quest for adventure and curiosity: pass through the lower path of the adventure park and take in an exhibition of local history at Kasakamaja and the granary.
Duration: please plan 5 h for the visit + driving time
Price: €36 (2 adults + 1-3 children younger than 18 years of age)
- A tasty meal, a roast “Toots’ garden” for a family on a large platter at Juulamõisa cafe. Price for a family from €21 (roast pork, crispy chicken, sauerkraut, sour cream, fried potatoes, vegetables, fresh salad, cucumber and tomato).
- There is a family friendly in Polar Bear cafe with a picturesque view on the first floor of the Ice Age Centre.
- Please check the opening hours of Palamuse museum, Ice Age Centre and Elistvere Animal Park and phone in advance to visit Kalevipoja Koda.
- Everything the package offers can be done, experienced and viewed from April 2019. You can pay for the package at the first place you visit.
- If you cannot visit every place at one time, you can visit the places in the package within one month from the moment of purchasing the package. You are allowed entry upon presenting your purchase receipt.